Signed in as:
Signed in as:
This Himalayan Project has been working to preserve livelihoods by promoting traditional social & economics practices in communities in 3 Districts in Himachal Pradesh in North India.
A. A community of farmers from Chamba Valley who manufacture traditional food products & additives are employed under this project. The project took up a traditional food manufacturing practice passed down the generations among the women in Chamba valley and created the supply chain and route to market for them. Over time this project has contributed the following:
1. New manufacturing equipment to women's self help group.
2. Livelihood: working capital and sales revenue.
3. Removal of single use plastics in bottling and provision of glass bottles
4. Logistics & warehousing support
5. E-commerce back end development & management
6. Brand and digital identity development
7. Web and social media channels creation and management
B. Handlooms and herbal products in Kullu & Mandi Districts.
Creating digital access and supply chain to reach markets for women's self help groups and
communities of weavers and farmers whose products include.
1. Cold pressed products
2. Weaves & knits
3. Promoting local economy, preserving traditional land use and employment and revenue generation.
* Evaluation & verification for these projects is currently underway*
Please email us on email@example.com to find out details about the livelihoods work in Himachal Pradesh being done by one of our partners.
Green People | Green Earth